Saturday, November 28, 2009

Just a small part of the holiday weekend.....


It's not every day that I get to take AWESOME shots of two of my most wonderful family members. Well, I do get to shoot a lot of my family - (I don't mean literally!)
This project had a purpose - and although it was a bit time consuming - it's always fun shooting my parents. Their true personalities just bubble to the surface. I get a small glimpse of what they must have been like a few.... (hmmm, almost 40?) years ago, when the romance began. It's a lot of fun, a bit amusing, very endearing - however - they are still my mom and dad,
so there's a small part of {BARF} in there too.
;)





This is a SOOC (straight out of camera) shot of
my mother. So many times I get asked if she's my
sister. She laughs, and thinks I hate it.
But looking at this, how can that be a bad thing? ;)


again, sooc. With another one of my FAV's.
(smooch!)


ok, since I was so nice in the first few - here's an
example of how the shoot REALLY went.....
hahahahahahahahaha



My studly dad.
He's so handsome.
All of my brothers

look like him too.
I was lucky enough to

have my own two boys get a
smidge of 'Cook' in them.
(except for that height thing??!)


My parents are wonderful people.
Congratulations on your
"project".
You will both do wonderful.




3 comments:

trevor and keesa said...

yes.....i second that it took forever!!!

Karla said...

Thank you dear daughter! The shoot was fun,(to a point)! Thank you for spending the time you could have used traveling on 'yer ole folks!' You are doing a wonderful job on your photography, I am proud to be the mother. I love you and your family. Thanks for spending your time with us for our last Thanksgiving home for awhile. We are the most thankful for our children. Love Mom

Karla said...

P.S. BAD HAIR DAY!!!!!