Sunday, November 15, 2009

Craziness at our house

So, once again we've had many things going on at our house the last little while. I finally got through the Primary program (huge sigh of relief!); and then we were thrust into the chaos of State Football championship. Now, I realize - this is a bit of a stretch for me - but I'm actually going to post about how much (gasp) FUN I had prepping with our cheer team for state. This was a HUGE deal here in Thermop. The last time our football team went to state was 15 years ago. Needless to say, our town has been a bit pumped up. So, as a "cheer mom", I've tried my best to be supportive to my (once again, can I say GAG!) cheerleader, and I've been busy putting together care packages, putting balloons ALL OVER town, selling state sweatshirts, running flowers here and there, and blah blah blah.......

We've had such a fun time. So my post today, sigh, I have to admit, I've had a fun CHEER week. (sheepish grin)

The night before state, our girls got to have a quick clinic with the UW Cheer Team~
They had a blast. They learned stunts and a few cheers. It was cool for our team.
The day of the game, of course being Laramie Wyoming, we got DUMPED on with snow! Our girls were just as tough as those football players and were cheering their hearts out!
This is our lovely assistant coach, Ashley. She's awesome - as this
photo shows her true personality.

Coach Bailey, (also one of our friends) Always SO
composed during a game....... well, almost.
(wink)
Our smiley girls
It was so stinkin cold! This is one of my
friends - Shelly - awesome example of how
everyone was dressed.... but we still froze!!

Shelly's daughter - and one of my piano
students, Katie,
SHE ROCKS!
(i love katie!!!)

It was a pretty tense game, and I hate football. But I have to admit, I LOVED this! I enjoyed every bit of this game - freezing temps and all. My throat was raw, my butt and toes were popcycles, but in the end........


IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

CONGRATS THERMOP BOBCATS!!!
WYOMING STATE CHAMPS!!!
WAHOO!

3 comments:

trevor and keesa said...

yay!!! woot woot:)

Mimi said...

Aw.... so glad your season turned out GREAT! We did make it to the play offs... not bad for our first year in 3A. lol
I am so so so SORRY that I didn't get back to you! I am still trying to get over my 2nd bout with this crap and then adding in Kelly's Grandma's funeral and everything... UGH! I am gonna try to get all my notes together and make you a CD of ideas and get it in the mail to you. It looks like Miranda is enjoying Cheer :)
We love you guys and miss you!

Denise said...

Yahoo! Congrats...and to Randa too!