This last weekend, Bryan, Maranda and I were involved in a local 5k run.
"Race for a Reason" is in their second year, and is a wonderful organization. They are a non-profit group that enjoys running, and uses their donations/entry fees to support a designated local family in need. They asked me to come and document with a few photos, but Maranda had decided that she wanted to try running. Bryan was planning on running anyway, but when Randa decided to run, he opted to run WITH her, as this was her first 'real' run - - ever.
They were both pretty excited, but, I guess as they got started up a long hill, Bryan could tell that Randa was struggling.
Being the 'awesome-all-knowing-wise' dad,
*wink*
he used this opportunity for a teaching experience.
He pushed her pretty hard, and they ended
up finishing with a great time for beginners!
Much was discussed.
Many personal things.
I was not there. I didn't know that all of this was going on.
However,
as they came around the corner, up the last leg of the run,
I could tell by expressions that something had happened.
I knew it was something important
when,
the last little bit,
Bryan reached out to Randa, and grabbed her hand,
and ran
- and finished -
holding her hand.
Supporting her to the end.
As a mom, of course I had a lump in my throat.
Not yet understanding what was going on,
expressions were enough
to tell me that it was tender.
And very good to remember,
that when we struggle,
even though we have to run
and FINISH the race ourselves,
that 'Someone' is right next to us,
holding our hand
and offering support.
And at the end, even if we throw up
*smile*
the hug was all worth it.
i love you both
~k









3 comments:
LOVE it!!
awwwww so sweet! God job runners!
That's awesome! Way to go guys!
Post a Comment