Monday, September 27, 2010

Homecoming 2010

Last week was Homecoming here in
little Thermop.
 (Monday was 'NEON' Day & jello slip-n-slide, 
That's Taylor's friend Jon sliding through the jello)

Quite a busy week.
Between both boys football,

piano lessons,
all the activities for homecoming, parent teacher
conferences, (still think that was
retarded planning on SOMEBODY'S part?!)
And FINALLY unpacking and cleaning the garage!!!
yay!
But we had a good time with all of it.

I posted a few photos on facebook throughout the week
of the activities,
but thought I'd finish it up
HERE.
On the BLOG!!
(it's so ridiculous that it's an
occasion that I post. dumb.)
 {kids waiting for the parade}

{thermop band.  taylor's up front in the left corner}

{then he ran back to hop on the football 'float'... ie: fire truck}


Maranda had some extra fun this week,
she was voted as the Junior Royalty.

Translation?
The dress that cost a lot of moolah - 
got to be worn more than once.

I'm SO thrilled!
;)
haha...
{presenting royalty @ halftime @ the football game}

It was kind of fun.  Bryan and I were both excited for her.
She ended up going to the dance
with two of her friends, and their dates.
 {Randa & Kelsie}


I think they all had a good time.... 


 Randa & her date, John.

ok, the pinning of the flowers, was a JOKE.  And I didn't post ALL the photos of the {seriously} 15 minute process.


 Kelsie & Bryce


 bryce, kelsie, john, randa, matt & maggie

 wierdy kids...




 typical  "put the camera away, Mother!"  look from Maranda.
Hmph.  Doesn't she know I'm going to follow my kids EVERYWHERE?!!





 Kelsie's mom, Joellen...
SEE??!!!!  She has HER camera TOO!!!!

 Our AWESOME florist.....
 Shelly the FAB.
{who also happens to be quite attached to the girlies too!}

and off they go. and we didn't follow any more.



4 comments:

Mimi said...

Looks like LOTS of FUN FUN FUN! So, do they do a whole day date thing there like they do here? And do all the fancy asking and answering? I had never had any of that stuff when I was a teenager so it was quite a surprise at how much they put into a dance date here.
Anyway, it looks like it was a fun week of activities and congrats to Maranda on the Royalty! That's AWESOME!
We have Homecoming/Senior Night on the 8th October. (Snow's is the next day... crazy). This will be my last High School Homecoming with my kids. And it's Kotah's last Home Football game in High School... EVER! Boo Hoo... my baby is growing up! I will miss the High School days! Enjoy those moments while you have them, they are over way too quick.
Well, I will end this horribly long post so you can get back to your day but just wanted to say fun times fun pictures... thanks for sharing! Love you guys! Miss you!

trevor and keesa said...

booyah, way to go randa panda poo!! you look gorgeous:)

The Yates Family said...

Oh my gosh, Miranda looked beautiful! I love her dress! Aw...She's so grown up!

Denise said...

SO fun! Way to grown up though...
Love the dress by the way!