I thought I wouldn't post again, but I couldn't wait on this. We have had a LOT
of moisture lately, mostly in the form of snow. However, it has rained non-stop for the last
3 days. In fact, my basement is in the process of drying, after we've cleaned up the
water and mud. (yuck, long story, don't want to discuss that mess!)
Anyway, today I received an emergency phone call, (recording) informing that there had been
a diesel spill in the river. Apparently, a rock slid down and knocked the train right off the track.
No city water has been affected, but they have shut off the
No city water has been affected, but they have shut off the
valves to the river, so until the diesel is cleaned up and passed, they won't be taking in more water.
So, we're on conservation mode. A short time later, I received a picture text of the train wreck.
Ok, so I have a camera, right? I mean, this is what I do? And, I'm just a LITTLE curious....
and it's just 3 miles from my house.... so....
yeah. I had to go.














5 comments:
Okay I know this is off subject... but there is some pretty scenery where you live.
uh.... don't go there with me. :\
That's a crazy wreck! Was that 2 trains or one? Hope everyone was alright.
Wow...I remember when I was little, a train was crossing a bridge about 10 miles from where I grew up and the wind was blowing so hard, it blew the train off the tracks into the river. I remember my brothers going there and diving to find things. It was a cargo train...they came home with some interesting stuff!
Holy cow! Crazy ol' Thermopolis! lol
Post a Comment