Monday, April 26, 2010



After winning the local Stars of Tomorrow talent show,
Maranda went to Buffalo, Wyoming to compete
in the district competition.

She did VERY well.
We were both a little on edge when we first got there.
Listening to others musical talents, it got a little intimidating.
Then, throughout  the day, I was feeling much better about her chances,
until we couldn't get her flute to tune correctly.
We were warming up in another room,
and getting quite annoyed about the flute.
I have to admit, I was in a bit of a panic.
Then it was time to get backstage-
on our way, we ducked into the bathroom
to have a quick, (and very pleading) word of prayer.
(mainly to calm my nerves!)
How can one pray to win?
I mean really?
We had practiced.
We were prepared.
We had done our part.
We just needed comfort,
and a little help to do our best.

We headed backstage,
got situated,
and as they announced her, I quickly asked her to tune.
The curtain was opening,
and she shook her head 
'nope'-
gave a huge grin,
took her step forward to the mike-
(and at this point, I literally almost threw up)
I was begging a prayer in my head to PLEASE
make this situation go well......

As we began,
and my daughter was playing....

I was literally taken back.

It was beautiful.

She did a fantastic job.
She is so talented.
She is so blessed with faith.

As we concluded,
my daughter was thrilled 
and full of confidence over 
her performance.

What more could I want?
She did not win.

And that was ok.

She did wonderful, and I was proud.
AND,
I was VERY
grateful,
that as selfish as a 
mother's prayer
can be sometimes,
that my
Father
was so kind
to my daughter.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I love this post and am amazed at the faith of Miranda and the youth of our church....it's literally awesome.