You know, when my husband starts giving me crap for not blogging,
then it's been a while, and I guess I'd better get on the ball.
But, we've been busy!
So, to catch up:
First,
Taylor's birthday.
Aw,
HE'S 14!!
Wow, that's so crazy!
Such a little stud.
(I guess not so little anymore)
On his birthday, there was a quad-stake dance being held up in Powell, Wyoming.
Being 14, he was pretty excited to be 'legal' to go to a dance. His FIRST dance! We convinced
him that there wasn't any room in the caravan going up, and that if he wanted to go, we'd have
to drive him. Might as well make it a family affair!
(poor child! thought he'd have to be there with his WHOLE FAMILY?!)
It was just a ploy. We needed an excuse to get to Worland, (the next town over) with all
of us in the car.
The reason?
THE REAL SURPRISE!!
Taylor got to ride in a helicopter for the first time!
Well, the intention was for Taylor to have a helicopter ride for his birthday.
It ended up being a family affair with all of us getting turns.
What a BLAST we had!
(Thanks Steve! You are the BEST!)
Check out how excited Brin was at lift-off!
Haha!
Stockton and Randa were next, they were thrilled as well.
Bryan and I were able to have turns as well.......
my turn....
of course I'm going to shoot while I fly!
Duh!
looking out at Worland-
flying back in to the airport.
We had a good time.
Flying in a helicopter, and going to your first dance.
I'm pretty sure Taylor enjoyed his
Birthday.
So, then we have an update on the little
fur balls.
Remember 3 weeks ago?
When all 3 of them were barely as big as my phone?
We've been
feeding...
and playing.....
And,
I think it's safe to say that
they are healthy
and
GROWING...
I guess they are kinda cute.
Ok.
Another little tidbit to post.
We had FHE on Monday,
with Taylor giving the lesson on dating.
(encouraged by Dad, motivated from this months 'New Era')
Well,
after our lesson,
the activity involved the boys asking us girls on a 'date'
for ice cream at McDonalds.
With cash in one hand, and a sister in the other,
each of our boys took their 'dates' and opened doors,
got their order, paid, and continued to enjoy the evening.
Until...
the Napoleon Dymamite music came over the speaker in McD's.
Then Maranda felt the overwhelming desire to dance.
Poor, poor boys.
So Stockton sucked it up,
was a true gentleman,
and asked his sister to dance.
So, Taylor was a stud as well,
and asked his 'date' if she would like to participate -
It was GREAT!
*sigh*
but leave it to Dad....
again,
poor, poor boys.
Bryan told Stockton that the McDonalds girl felt left out.....
And Stockton would NEVER say no to his Father.....
Oh, it was good.
I wish I would have had my camera.
And I wish I would have caught
EVERY PERSON IN THAT BUILDING
with their phones out
RECORDING AND TAKING PICTURES OF THIS!!
It was so sweet.
(aaannnddd, maybe hilarious too!)
Very good lesson.
One that they will remember.
xoxo
ONE LAST INSIGHT
ONE LAST INSIGHT
to what we've been up to-
I'll have to post more on this later,
but a quick sneak peak
of our Primary activity last Saturday....
Yup.
This is going to be a project.
(very big sigh)
I think it will turn out cool though.
more on that project later, though........





























2 comments:
SO exciting for Taylor!
Very cute 'date' pictures!
I can HARDLY wait to see the 'project' when it's done! Looks like it was a success...been meaning to call you to see how it went!
Okay helicopter ride... FUN...BUT... dancing in McDonalds... PRICELESS!!! Can I just say that again... PRICELESS.
For the project are you going to use some filters on those pics and make them look authentic? For? You must spill to me... NOW! Cause you know I am NOT patient! Did they do the activity just to pose for you or were you just there and took some really cool shots while they were doing it? Tell me, tell me, tell me!
Post a Comment