I'm so glad Bryan cooks. We spent Thanksgiving here at home. Bryan ended up having to take call during part of the break (SO unusual, I know!) But we did have plenty of time together, which was wonderful. Especially since I've never cooked a turkey in my life! We've had loads of fun playing games, watching videos, (Lord of the Rings marathon, yahoo!) and of course, eating.


With so much that has happened over the last few months, I have so much to be thankful for this time of year. Our family has been watched over and blessed time and time again. We may joke about our "pioneer" living, with our wood stove, no dishwasher, one bathroom, and living amongst the cows, but we have been so taken care of. We have plenty to eat. We have a warm home. We have dear friends. And we have each other. We have learned so many great lessons because of what our family has been through. How could we not be thankful for our trials? Without them, we would not grow. I have learned to appreciate the strength of my own testimony in Christ. I have been amazed at the strength of my children as they stand up for what they believe in. I'm grateful that no matter where I live, there are those that have a knowledge, as I do, that our Savior provides for us. I'm thankful for those friends. I'm grateful for friends that we had to leave behind, that offered so much support and love. How could we have survived without the strength of those closest to us? I'm grateful for a husband that keeps on trying; that really does love his family enough to do whatever it takes, to keep us together. I am amazed that my Father in Heaven loves me so much, that he has carried us through the last four months with hardly a bump. As crazy as it has been, our lives have moved on with as much abundance as we have ever been blessed with before.
How lucky are we, that we have had a time of reflection to ponder the many things we have been freely given! I hope that all of you have had just as wonderful of a week as I have........
Love you all!! Happy Thanksgiving!
How lucky are we, that we have had a time of reflection to ponder the many things we have been freely given! I hope that all of you have had just as wonderful of a week as I have........
Love you all!! Happy Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
i'm so glad you guys had a good thanksgiving. I miss you guys so much and even as you've been blessed, you have blessed others lives, like mine. Wish i was there with you,
jes
I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Yeah, being on call during holidays is no fun. No, we are not going up for Christmas. Jon's mom is here for the holidays now, and they haven't had a Christmas together in 9 years. Thought it was about time. :)
......and you have the bestest little sis and bro in law in the world!!
Thanks for sharing. You do truly have so much to be thankful for this year. I think you are seeing alot of the hidden blessings we talked about. Heavenly Father definitely takes care of us, doesn't he? I am so thankful for that.
Looks like you had a fun dinner! :) I am glad! We sure miss you and wish you were here, but are so happy to see you being so very blessed!
Thank you for your friendship... that is one thing we are very thankful for this year. Friendships dear to our hearts that will last a lifetime...
We love you guys!
xoxoxo
Hancock Clan
Post a Comment