What more can be said? I promise to have one "Uncle Leroy" story at least once a week. (An explanation of who he is will come in the next post) I'm sure I'll be posting plenty of exciting photos about the exciting events that happen in exciting Wyoming. Or, at least you can see some cool pictures of us sitting around on the plains.
No matter what, it's been an adventure the last week and a half, and I'm sure it's only beginning.
I looked through my Young Womens Lesson that I'm suppose to give on Sunday, and have had a contemplative moment and thought I'd pass along a quote. Those that know the story of the last week will understand my tears as I read:
Elder Bruce R. McConkie defined these laws:
“Sacrifice and consecration are inseparably intertwined. The law of consecration is that we consecrate our time, our talents, and our money and property to the cause of the Church; such are to be available to the extent they are needed to further the Lord’s interests on earth.
“The law of sacrifice is that we are willing to sacrifice all that we have for the truth’s sake—our character and reputation; our honor and applause; our good name among men; our houses, lands, and families: all things, even our very lives if need be” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1975, p. 74; or Ensign, May 1975, p. 50).
So, on this note begins our "adventure", as so many of our loved ones have put it!
3 comments:
Well you guys, I wish we could have gotten up there to see you before you move. That stinks. Good luck in the dead cold of winter up in Wyoming. Been there, done that, couldn't pay me to do it again! You guys will enjoy the wide outdoors though, that is one thing about Wyoming I loved. Good luck, and make sure you keep us posted on how you are doing! love you guys!
I love your blog:) You did a good jobby! I just have to say, everyone better wear the same clothes for two weeks....cause folding all ya'lls laundry took forever....only because I love you way too much!
Did you fix it where I can make comments?!! YAY! I am so going to miss you! We will get our MSN set up soon and chat all the time though! Did you get your other gift? Hope you like it... he he...
Need anything... CALL ME! You have my number!
Love ya,
Mimi
Post a Comment