What a crazy day.
So many comments on Facebook
have warned about late night drama
and the constant state of worry that is
about to ensue - now that
Miss Maranda is 16 and
eligible to date.
Gotta remember people...
THIS IS MARANDA!
Of all the stresses that THIS
child puts me through, I am
pretty sure that dating will not make me worry.
Especially if she continues to go out
with good kids.
(and the fact that there's NO WHERE to go
here in Thermop!)
Her sweet friend, Cameron, and his 'wing man' Matt,
and her friend here in Thermop - Miss Ultra Cool Baylee -
have been planning to come surprise
Maranda for quite some time.
BUT-
then one of Taylor & Randa's other good friends
Jon,
(without knowing of the secret surprise plans, of course)
planned his baptism.
We are SO excited for Jon!
Our whole family wanted to be supportive
for Jon, however,
nothing like putting a kink in a surprise?
Cameron was a good sport.
He also agreed that Jon's event
was extremely important.
(Did I mention Maranda was part of a
musical number at the baptism?)
hmmmm......
So the afternoon went like this:
picking up Randa from school,
she spilled water ALL over her,
from the flowers
she got at school-
Dang, needed to change, but oops,
no clean jeans?
Hurry and buy a new outfit -
mislead that it was a birthday gift -
Run to pick out the details
for her REAL gift,
her letterman's jacket-
(trying to keep her busy until he get's here!)
running a little late,
hurry home, tell Randa to get ready for the baptism-
ok, let's run through the number and warm up -
oh hey! someone's at the door!
HOLY CRAP-
MARANDA COMES UNGLUED....
It was CAMERON!
(way awesome surprise!)
After the kids left,
they met us at the baptism,
then they took off and went to dinner.
Later, they came back, and had cake and ice cream.
We ended up having the Elder's over as well.
It was good.
She had a lot of fun.
It was so great to surprise her!






.jpg)


6 comments:
I'm so glad she had a good birthday. BTW, LOVE your kitchen!
muah ha ha...nice jobby
Very cool! There is nothing like your 16th birthday!
So fun! Happy Birthday Randa!!
Looks like tons of FUN! Glad she had a good time! I WISH that I could be so relaxed about my kids dating as you are! I don't worry quite so much about who they are out with cause they are good kids and seem to pick good kids but I worry worry about them getting in a wreck or something... just my generalized anxiety disorder at work. Oh, sorry, hope I didn't give you a new worry lol. Just remind her to always listen to the spirit... not even kidding... Alex totally thought one of the football players this year was not even LDS, she found out later, he was indeed a member AND a newly Returned Missionary! And then there were those she knew were newly returned missionaries who she was sure were good kids, only to find out different. It's so sad.
Okay, off my soap box! Enjoy these fun years because they will be over WAY TOO FAST! I have missed Alex's High School years and Cheer and all the fun and now I only have one year left with Kotah in High School. Anyway, miss you guys! Love ya!
xoxoxo
These pictures are SO great! I hope she had a great birthday
Post a Comment