Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tuesday February 9, 2010

I'm proud of my
DAUGHTER.
She wanted to participate
in the local
"talent show"
{otherwise known as
the 'Stars of Tomorrow'
sponsored by the Kiwanis club}

I so did NOT want
her to do this,
for reasons I will keep
locked away
deep in my heart.

I had a few piano students
that I had entered,
Because it's good practice
to play in front of an
audience.

If my daughter played,
I would have to
be her
accompanist.

I didn't like that.

She begged.
She pleaded.
She finally cried.
I asked what her motivation was.
The money?

Hmm.
Nice perk.

She wanted to be able
to stand among
those she lives with,
and show what she's made of.

To show what she's capable of.

To share what she believes in.

This was part of what was hard for me.

I caved.
I'm so glad I did.

{I have a video up on facebook,
just in case you
wanted to check it out}

3 comments:

Paige said...

And she won :) And it was B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Denise said...

Way to go Maranda!! Where is the video of her song by itself? I would love to hear it!

Mimi said...

Now, aren't you so super glad you finally gave in and let her do it! She is amazing! All of your kids are! :)
CONGRATS to Maranda and she did indeed look beautiful! :)