If you know me at all, then you know I love music.
Other loves of my life include my children, (duh!) and photography.
So when I get to incorporate the first and the last
because of the second, then it's a good situation.
I always complain when it comes to school programs though.
Mostly because they are corny, and they take WAY too long.
Truth be known?
I love them.
I always choke up.
What could be sweeter than watching a
bunch of kids sing their hearts out,
knowing they are cooler and sing better
than Taylor Swift, Bing Crosby, or even the Mormon Tabernacle Choir?
I love how confident they are.
I love that they are having fun.
I love it when they... aren't so good?
{wink}
I love that my own children get so excited to show off to me.
I secretly laugh when they try to sing to me at home,
and I keep stopping them, telling them they are going
to ruin the surprises at the program.
Until this year.
Stockton stopped me dead in my tracks one night
as he and Brinlee were (trying) to sing me all their songs.
I almost dropped dinner as he stated,
"this is the one that I'm singing my solo!"
Uh.....
my kid can't sing.
I mean, really.
His sweet little heart is so into it!
His emotions get the better of him,
and he can belt out with everything -
but the tune.
So, to say this truely frightened me,
is more than an understatement.
We have been working on the piano together.
I'm impressed with his memory,
even though his rythym is a tad off.
But to SING?
I know better!
As a mother, I supported, I was excited,
I got there early to get a good seat -
(which by the way, no such luck, even 45 minutes early!
Holy cow, people!
Way to crowd up for my son's big moment!)
- but when the time came,
I was so worried....
Until my sweetheart opened his mouth.
Now, I'm still a music teacher,
and I'm not going to go so far to say
that he's ready to go have an audition with the 'Mo-Tab',
but I'll be danged.
My sweetheart of a son,
did a good job.
I may have even had to wipe a slight tear from my cheek.


2 comments:
Well, I posted to the other entry but I just had to say again how cute the kids look and love that tie of Stockton's.
Merry Christmas!
Very cool!! Way to go Stock!
Post a Comment