Friday, May 15, 2009

On a Soapbox/ My little Gripe

Blogs are cool things. There are so many uses for them. Educational themes, political views, advertising, building family ties.... For the most part, I try to use my blog for the purpose of keeping in touch with those we've moved away from, and staying close with those we love. It's been a good tool. I have also kept our blog public. This can be risky. Occasionally, one can get the curious "blog stalker". So many times I have joked with friends about "stalking" each other. It's fun to check in on each other. That's the point of the blog, right?! Just for my curiosity, I have a blog tracker to see who commonly visits my blog. Well, we have noticed we have a fairly frequent "stalker" that isn't so secret. Several times I have complained to Bryan how this drives me CRAZY! It totally blows me away that this PERSON would consistently 'check in' on what my family is doing. I mean, for crying out loud, I CAN SEE WHO VISITS MY BLOG EVERY DAY!!! Bryan has suggested publicly naming and chastising on the blog - hoping that they would get the idea, and just go away! I've tried ignoring the situation, hoping that someone would just grow up, and leave us alone. But, hoping hasn't worked. It's such a hard call. I want my blog to be public, it serves as a venue for me to advertise my photography, plus it's easier for other friends to find the blog if it's public. But there's just SOME people that you wish would back off!!!

So..... to the 'SOMEONE' who consistently checks up on us, and you KNOW who you are! There's NO QUESTION of it.... take this as a hint. A very Subtle hint, that I think it's RUDE, INTRUSIVE, AND VERY SNEAKY, (and a bit CREEPY) for you to check up on what we're doing. Just BUTT out!

That being said..... to my other loved ones, friends, and possible "followers", I'm so sorry! I have never used my blog to vent or make a stand on an issue that I've felt strongly about. And it may seem silly to some, maybe even most, but it's a personal issue to our family. Specifically me. And to those who know us best, I know you COMPLETELY understand who and what this is about.

GGRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Ok. I'm done.

I guess if this doesn't work, I can start getting a little more bold with my hints and narrowing down OUR FREAKY STALKER!!!
ok.
Now I'm really done.

3 comments:

Denise said...

SO sorry! It's to bad that someone has to take somthing fun and nice and turn it into something bad and ugly! Really frustrating! I hope they get the "hint"!

Mimi said...

Okay fine! You caught me! I do come here daily to check up on your and your family! I'm sorry I just can't help myself! WE MISS YOU! lol
Really, sorry! Know that we love you... I haven't even thought about checking on who stalks our blog... should I think about putting on that thing that tells me too? I am kinda creeped out now.
Well, I spent all day at state track so I am worn out... I will see you SOON right? Guess what? Got some new costumes... FUN FUN FUN!
Love ya!
Mims

kate said...

This is Kate. Actually, "it" might be me. I didn't know you had to be officially invited or whatever to your blog, and I don't know if I'll ever really understand the technicalities of this blogging thing in my lifetime!, but anyway, sorry if it was me, and if I scared you, because I do look at your blog quite a bit.

Sorry again if I caused you any grief (if I am the "stalker). The reason why my family doesn't "officially" follow your blog, is because my mom didn't accept the invite soon enough or something technical like that.

Please tell me if "it" is me, and maybe you could officially invite me to your blog...if you still want to be my friend.

Love ya.

Kate O.